Determining whether a returned unit is unsellable
A returned unit is considered unsellable when either of the following is true:
- The product is not in the same condition as previously listed.
- The product is defective, damaged, opened, lacking required labelling, is an FBA-excluded product or is otherwise deemed unsuitable by Amazon, including units that may pose a health risk to our associates or the next customer who purchases it (this may include but is not restricted to consumables, personal care products and products with expiry dates).
Disposal of returned units
Some units that are returned to the fulfilment centre will be disposed of immediately. This is done for the protection of customers, fulfilment centre staff, carriers and the seller. Units will be disposed of for the following reasons:
- The unit is a safety hazard
- The unit is a health hazard
- The unit is a liability risk
Important: Amazon will not reimburse you for any refund that you issue directly to a customer.