Amazon aims for high-quality product descriptions and maintains strict requirements for data sent to the store. When a feed fails to meet those requirements, Amazon uses codes to communicate errors to sellers.
Errors result when you submit a product entry that does not meet the requirements for a successful listing. The error results when using an incorrect template, not adding mandatory or required attributes in the template, or adding them incorrectly. The data entered does not contain valid values for an attribute, or it can contradict other attributes or related attributes. In addition, the value could be exceeding the character limit.
For example, if you submit a product with a description that is more than 1000 characters, then Amazon will recognise the error and send you an error notification in a Processing Report. These errors prevent incorrect information in your product catalogue from being displayed on Amazon.com.
We encourage you to review the Processing report after each upload. If you are submitting text-file feeds, then this report appears at the bottom of the Upload Products & Inventory page.
To see error messages, their definitions and suggested solutions, select an error from the list on the left side of the navigation.
Below you will find a list of some bulk errors with links to their definitions and solutions to correct them.
Common bulk errors with tips to resolve
|Error||Error definition||Top tips to resolve bulk error|
The error 8560 appears when there is an issue with your Product ID due to:
* Check for the error message in your feed processing report. Identify all the missing attribute(s) that resulted in error. Provide values for the missing attributes and upload again. Ensure that the values are from the pre-defined valid values in the drop-downs.
Review all other mandatory attributes for the category (check the custom template or category template for related products).
* If the error is for a missing "Standard Product ID", then ensure that the product has a valid barcode, UPC, EAN or ISBN
* If you are listing products without a barcode, then apply for a GTIN exemption. To apply, please go to https://sellercentral.amazon.in/gtinx/browser
* If you already have a GTIN exemption, then check for brand name and category, which should match with the brand name and category in your file. If there is no Product ID, then ensure that you have a GTIN exemption for the category listing.
|99001||Input file has missing columns or invalid values assigned to them.||
* Check for the error message in your feed processing report. Identify all the missing attribute(s) that resulted in error. Provide values for the missing attributes and upload again. Ensure that the values are from the pre-defined valid values from the drop-downs.
* Review all other mandatory attributes for the category listing (check the custom template or category template for related product).
* Check if all conditional mandatory attributes are also filled.
|8541||Commonly referred to as a “single matching error”; occurs when your Product ID (UPC, EAN, JAN or ISBN) corresponds to the Product ID of an existing ASIN.||
* Check if your brand name and product_id is correct. Product_ID is linked to barcode, UPC or ISBN
* The data provided in your listings has matched with another existing ASIN on Amazon. Check the ASIN mentioned in the error message and review if it matches with the product that you are trying to sell. If yes, then fix the conflicting values as mentioned in the error message, or create a new ASIN for your offering.
|13013||SKU noted in the file being updated does not exist in your Amazon inventory. It can happen if the SKU gets deleted or it has not been created.||* Ensure that the SKU that you are trying to map to is in the inventory for IN store. If it exists in another store, then you will need to create as a new ASIN.|
|99010||Occurs when a value is missing from one or more attributes in a group.||
* Check the error report to see the missing attribute.
* Review the mandatory attributes for the category that you are listing in (via custom templates) and retain the information.
|5665||This error is related to Amazon Brand registry. It occurs when you try to list without taking prior brand approval. If your brand is not eligible for Brand Registry, then you can get an exception for this error by calling Seller Support.||
* If you are a Brand Owner and have a trademark, then you should apply for Brand Registry before creating listings.
* If not, then contact Selling Partner Support and mention error 5655 and provide them with real world images of your products which shows the brand name permanently affixed on product or packaging.