Sellers are expected to conduct proper research to ensure that the items posted to our website are in compliance with all applicable laws. If we determine that the content of a product detail page or listing is prohibited, potentially illegal, or inappropriate, we may remove or alter it without prior notice. Amazon reserves the right to make judgments about whether or not content is appropriate.
Any product listed in the Excluded Products list in the Seller Participation Agreement is prohibited for sale on the Amazon.in site. Additionally, sellers are prohibited from listing the following products on Amazon.in: Cell Phones including Service, Magazines and Newspapers, Tobacco and Alcohol, Adult Toys, Gift Cards and Gift Certificates, Prescription Medication, Guns and Ammunition, Photo Processing.
Counterfeit merchandise: Products offered for sale on Amazon.in must be authentic. Any product that has been illegally replicated, reproduced or manufactured is prohibited.
The following list of prohibited products comprises two sections: Prohibited Content and Intellectual Property Violations.
Listing prohibited content may result in the cancellation of your listings, or the suspension or removal of your selling privileges. Sellers are responsible for ensuring that the products they offer are legal and authorised for sale or re-sale.
If we determine that the content of a product detail page or listing is prohibited, potentially illegal, or inappropriate, we may remove or alter it without prior notice. Amazon reserves the right to make judgments about whether or not content is appropriate.
- Items not intended for distribution within India: Products that are specifically manufactured for, and identified as "not for distribution within India" cannot be sold on Amazon.in. This includes the following; imported text books, non-Region 5 DVDs, and non-PAL format videotapes.
- Illegal and potentially illegal products: Products sold on Amazon.in must adhere to all applicable laws. As sellers are legally liable for their actions and transactions, they must know the legal parameters surrounding any product they display on our website.
- Offensive material: Amazon reserves the right to determine the appropriateness of listings posted to our website.
- Nudity: In general, images that portray nudity in a gratuitous or graphic manner are prohibited.
- Items that infringe upon an individual's privacy. Amazon holds personal privacy in the highest regard. Therefore, items that infringe upon, or have potential to infringe upon, an individual's privacy are prohibited.
Intellectual Property Violations
- Counterfeit merchandise: Products displayed on our website must be authentic. Any product that has been illegally replicated, reproduced or manufactured is prohibited.
- Unauthorized and unlicensed merchandise: All items displayed on our Site must be commercially produced and authorized or licensed for sale as a retail product.
- Recopied media: Media products (books, movies, CDs, television programmes, software titles, videogames, and so on) that have been recopied, dubbed, duplicated, or transferred without permission of the rights holder are illegal to sell and are prohibited. This includes:
- Books - Unauthorised copies of books are prohibited.
- Music - Bootlegs, unauthorised live concerts, unauthorised soundboard recordings, unauthorised merchandise, etc., are prohibited.
- Movies - Unauthorised copies of movies in any format are prohibited. Unreleased/prereleased movies, screeners, trailers, unpublished and unauthorized film scripts (no ISBN number), electronic press kits, and unauthorised props are also prohibited.
- Photos - Unauthorised copies of photos are prohibited.
- Radio programs & Concerts - Unauthorised recordings or copies of recordings of radio programs are prohibited.
- Software - Recopied or duplicated software in any format is prohibited. Academic, OEM, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (prerelease), unauthorised freeware/shareware, and "softlifted" versions of software are prohibited.
- Television programmes - Unauthorised copies of television programmes (including pay-per-view events), programmes never broadcast, unauthorised scripts, unauthorised props, and screeners are prohibited.
- Video games - Video games displayed on our website must be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Mod chips, silver disks, video game emulators, Sega bootdisks, game enhancers, unauthorized video game compilations, unauthorized bundles of video game products, and unauthorized accessories are also prohibited.
- Transferred media. Media transferred from one format to another is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to: films converted from NTSC to Pal and Pal to NTSC, laserdisc to video, television to video, CD-ROM to cassette tape, from the Internet to any digital format, etc.
- Promotional media: Promotional versions of media products, including books (advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), music, and videos (screeners) are prohibited. These products are distributed for promotional consideration and generally are not authorized for retail distribution or sale.
- Rights of Publicity: Celebrity images and/or the use of celebrity names cannot be used for commercial purposes without permission of a celebrity or their management. This includes product endorsements and use of a celebrity's likeness on merchandise such as posters, mouse pads, clocks, image collections in digital format, and so on.
Prohibited Products (Media)
The following media items must not be listed for sale through the Amazon.in Marketplace programme:
- Promotional media: promotional versions of all media--including books (advance reading copies and uncorrected proofs), music, software, PC & video games, DVDs and videos (screeners)--are prohibited. These items are distributed for promotional consideration and are not authorised for retail distribution or sale.
- Unauthorised and unlicensed merchandise: all media--including books, CDs, VHS tapes, DVDs, software and PC & video games sold through Amazon.in Marketplace program--must be fully licensed and authorised versions. All items sold through the Amazon.in Marketplace program must be commercially produced and authorised or licensed as a retail product. Only full retail versions of software may be sold through Amazon.in.
- Software: software that has been copied or duplicated in any format is prohibited. Additionally, academic, OEM, back-up, fulfillment, promotional, beta (prerelease), unauthorised freeware/shareware and "softlifted" software versions are prohibited. The majority of software licence agreements permit the initial licensee of the software to make a one-time permanent transfer of the licence directly to an end user. Sometimes the licence requires the transfer to include all of the software product (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, the licence itself and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). You should refer to your software's licence agreement to ensure that any software posted for sale is permitted to be transferred.
- Video games: video games sold through Amazon.in must be full retail versions. Recopied and transferred video games are prohibited. Mod chips, silver disks, video game emulators, Sega bootdisks, game enhancers, unauthorised video game compilations, and accessories are also prohibited.
- Region 1 DVDs: new region 1 DVDs are [restricted products] and may not be sold through Amazon.in unless you have received pre-approval for such sales generally from Amazon.in.
- Recopied media: copies, dubs, duplicates or transfers of books, music, videos, television programmes, radio programmes, concerts, DVDs, software etc., are prohibited. Recopied media infringe upon copyrights and trademarks and are illegal to sell. Just as you cannot sell a photocopied book without the author's permission, you cannot sell copies or duplicates of videos, music, video games, software, photos or any copyrighted material without the permission of the copyright holder. The following list of prohibited products comprises two sections: General Prohibited Content and Intellectual Property Prohibited Content Violations. Listing products from the Prohibited products list can result in cancellation of listings, suspension from use of Amazon.in tools and reports, or permanent suspension of selling privileges. Sellers are responsible for ensuring that the products they offer are legal and authorized for sale or re-sale.
- Cigarette substitutes: Electronic cigarettes and other nicotine-based products that are not approved as aids to smoking cessation by the relevant authority or agency.
- Electronic Surveillance Equipment: Any electronic surveillance equipments are prohibited from sale.
- Batteries: Mercuric oxide button batteries (button-shaped batteries used in vintage camera equipment), alkaline-manganese batteries containing mercury, and zinc-carbon batteries containing mercury are prohibited from sale.
- Mod chips: Mod chips or similar devices used to facilitate the use of copied or imported games etc are prohibited.
- Lock breaking devices: All devices used for lock picking, jamming, code reading, etc. are prohibited from sale. Lock picking guns, cards bypass keys and tryout keys are prohibited.