user profile
Sign in
user profile

Help with identifying brands and private labels

by Seller_W2Fb96lhB5c4Q

Hi,

I’m very new to selling on amazon and am having trouble finding listings of products that are not private labels and or owned by people, meaning when i send a product that is the exact same but not the companies own product under the same ASIN it is flagged by the company that owns it as it doesn’t display there logos. I am trying to find generic and not owned product listings to go under and am looking for any tips and help as towards the best way of finding out whether i am able to sell under that listing or ways of identifying that the product is private label or owned.

thanks for any help

Tags: ASIN, Listings
10 replies
10 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_esvgLzKXw2YAl
In reply to: Seller_W2Fb96lhB5c4Q's post

It’s actually fairly simple.
If your looking for a generic listing, then listing will have “Generic” under the brand name.
If it has a brand name, then it’s branded.

user profile
Seller_7VbclcPFFRTnc

Does your product have a barcode ?

user profile
Seller_qZO3ZCjoBXEeL

In simplicity, if the item you are trying to sell wasn’t bought from or branded the same as the listing, then it isn’t the right listing for you.

In this example I picture - if you are selling an item that isn’t branded Stormshopping or bought from Stormshopping, then it doesn’t matter if the product looks the same, it is the wrong listing for you.

user profile
Julia_Amzn

Hello Theecomstore,

Welcome to Amazon and Seller Forums!

Below I attach resources which can be useful for you:

How brands and generic-product owners sell in the Amazon store

If you have more questions, please come back to us!

Happy selling on Amazon

Julia.

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post