user profile
Sign in
user profile
Sign in
user profile
Seller_3XghQHuD1rmmn

Quick Question Regarding Replacement Orders

Hi All,

Not a new topic here, but customer support isn't really understanding my issue.

We are FBM. A customer opened up a return for receiving the incorrect item, and a replacement order for $0.00 came through to ship by 3/21/24. Not a problem for us - we want to take care of the customer. But I assume our account will be dinged for a late shipment if we hold on to the replacement until the return is in transit.

The return is through UPS and Amazon shows "carrier picked up package". The UPS tracking shows that only the label has been made - the package has not been picked up or scanned by UPS yet. So the customer has yet to drop it off. This is normal for our returns, but the Amazon customer service doesn't seem to differentiate these two things.

My dilemma is - do I just cancel the replacement order? Amazon thinks that the return has been picked up and has been lost in transit. They told me to file a claim with UPS to get the return straightened out. They also said "consider shipping the item [replacement] immediately in the interest of positive feedback."

Seems like a lost cause here. I've read through and am seemingly familiar with Amazon's policy with replacement orders, but it seems like it mostly deals with Replacement Orders that are created when the return is first scanned. In this case, the return label has only been created.

Thank you in advance.

5 replies
Tags:Seller fulfilled
5 replies
user profile
Seller_3X5b3oiZv8IcZ

Unfortunately Amazon updated their policy about a month ago. There is a post elsewhere on this forum titled: "Instant replacements are available for seller-fulfilled returns"

I'm not sure if I can link to other posts here.

From the "Replacements for seller-fulfilled returns" article on Seller central help:

"When a buyer requests a free replacement for their damaged, defective, or materially different seller-fulfilled return through the Your Orders page on Amazon, we'll create a zero-value instant replacement order that you must fulfill upon receiving the replacement request. The buyer has 30 days to return the original item from the time the replacement order was shipped, using the provided Amazon prepaid return label.

In some cases, we'll notify you to ship the replacement order only after we’ve received confirmation that the buyer dropped off their original item."

You need to ship out the replacement order as though it were any other normal order, meaning within whatever your standard shipping window is. For us it's next day or Mondays if the order comes in on the weekend. If you don't it's considered a late shipment.

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Hi @Seller_3XghQHuD1rmmn,

Thank you for reaching out about this and for your patience here!

I'm just coming across this thread and wanted to check in with you, has there been any updates on this return since posting this thread? If you need any further assistance with this, please let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Thanks again,

Jameson

There are no more posts to display
user profile
Seller_3XghQHuD1rmmn

Hi All,

We are FBM. A customer opened up a return for receiving the incorrect item, and a replacement order for $0.00 came through to ship by 3/21/24. Not a problem for us - we want to take care of the customer. But I assume our account will be dinged for a late shipment if we hold on to the replacement until the return is in transit.

The return is through UPS and Amazon shows "carrier picked up package". The UPS tracking shows that only the label has been made - the package has not been picked up or scanned by UPS yet. So the customer has yet to drop it off. This is normal for our returns, but the Amazon customer service doesn't seem to differentiate these two things.

My dilemma is - do I just cancel the replacement order? Amazon thinks that the return has been picked up and has been lost in transit. They told me to file a claim with UPS to get the return straightened out. They also said "consider shipping the item [replacement] immediately in the interest of positive feedback."

Seems like a lost cause here. I've read through and am seemingly familiar with Amazon's policy with replacement orders, but it seems like it mostly deals with Replacement Orders that are created when the return is first scanned. In this case, the return label has only been created.

Thank you in advance.

5 replies
user profile

by Seller_3XghQHuD1rmmn

Hi All,

Thank you in advance.

5 replies
5 replies
5 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Seller_3X5b3oiZv8IcZ

Unfortunately Amazon updated their policy about a month ago. There is a post elsewhere on this forum titled: "Instant replacements are available for seller-fulfilled returns"

From the "Replacements for seller-fulfilled returns" article on Seller central help:

"When a buyer requests a free replacement for their damaged, defective, or materially different seller-fulfilled return through the Your Orders page on Amazon, we'll create a zero-value instant replacement order that you must fulfill upon receiving the replacement request. The buyer has 30 days to return the original item from the time the replacement order was shipped, using the provided Amazon prepaid return label.

In some cases, we'll notify you to ship the replacement order only after we’ve received confirmation that the buyer dropped off their original item."

You need to ship out the replacement order as though it were any other normal order, meaning within whatever your standard shipping window is. For us it's next day or Mondays if the order comes in on the weekend. If you don't it's considered a late shipment.

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

I'm just coming across this thread and wanted to check in with you, has there been any updates on this return since posting this thread? If you need any further assistance with this, please let me know and I'd be happy to help!

Thanks again,

Jameson

user profile
Seller_3X5b3oiZv8IcZ

user profile
Seller_3X5b3oiZv8IcZ

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Thanks again,

Jameson

user profile
Jameson_Amazon

Thanks again,

Jameson

Go to original post