user profile
Sign in
user profile

Brand Registry Requirements: Understanding Permanently Affixed Brand Names

by Ezra_Amazon

Hello Sellers,

One of the guidelines for Brand Registry enrollment is to have the brand name permanently affixed to the product or packaging. In this post, we will give examples and provide resources on what this means.

During the Brand Registry application, Amazon asks that you submit at least one image of your product or product packaging as part of the application. The submitted pictures will be used solely for the purpose of reviewing your application, and your customers will not have access to them.

Sellers can use their phone camera to capture clear pictures of the product or its packaging. Note that stock images, digitally altered images, or computer-generated mock-ups are not acceptable image types. Before uploading your image, ensure that it is not blurry and clearly displays your brand’s name. The brand name on the product must be easily readable and match the exact trademark name on your application.

What does it mean by the brand name has to be permanently affixed?

Permanently affixed brand names are typically added during production and can be printed, sewn, laser-etched, or engraved onto items. Stickers, labels, hung tags, or stamps are not considered permanently affixed since they can be easily added or removed after production.

Certain products such as furniture, jewelry, soft toys, wigs, and handmade items might not have permanently affixed brand names. In these cases, the product’s packaging must have a brand name that is permanently affixed. Other products, like phone cases or clothing, can have branding included as part of the products themselves.

Do not upload images of your brand's logo, trademark certificate, or anything else that does not showcase your product or its packaging in this section, as doing so may result in rejection of your application.

What are the common pitfalls with image guidelines?

1. The brand name is blurry, and the images are not clear.
  2. Stock images are used.
  3. The brand name was digitally altered into the photo.
  4. The photos are too small, and the brand name is not clearly visible.
  5. Sellers attached a brand name that can be easily removed (stickers, tags, etc.).

Tips for getting your images approved:

1. Upload at least three images of the product or packaging from different angles so that the brand name is clearly visible.
  2. Take pictures of the products in your hand or on a table.
  3. The images must be actual photos of the products you are planning to sell under your brand.

The following Seller University videos provide necessary details on how to ensure a product name is permanently affixed in accordance with Brand Registry eligibility requirements:

Additionally, please note that Brand Registry applications must be submitted by the brand owner.

Happy selling, Ezra.

Tags: Brand Registry
10 replies
0 replies
Quick filters
Sort by
user profile
Winston_Amazon
In reply to: Ezra_Amazon's post

Thank you for the amazing post @Ezra_Amazon!

user profile
Seller_4mvpF14wacAyg

Hello,

This is a useful post, however please could you explain what happens when you receive brand approval.

I have had multiple approvals for the exact same brands, but I still have to go through the same process each time even though I have approval from the supplier/brand - sometimes to fix small issues in the catalogue that I have already had approval.

Some days I check my catalogue and I have 100's of search supressed items because Amazon have removed my approval for a brand and it has broken certain fields like "color" and "size" saying they aren't provided, even though I had been selling off the ASIN's for years previously.

This might not be the right place to air this issue, but the glitches on the brand approval side of selling on Amazon cost me £1000's each year in lost sales trying to get re-approved and fix supressed ASIN's.

user profile
Seller_CZ3PxQsnDMNF5

i am new to this, hope you can help,

I have understood the whole brand registry process but i just have a question, i have a product i am interested in and will be making the payment to the supplier shortly they have sent me pictures of what the product will look like with my packaging.

1. Can i upload those pictures? I don’t want to pay the suppliers yet to later find out my brand registry’s not approved

2. Once the brand registry is approved and if for some reason the products are not delivered or order is cancelled or any other scenario can i sell another product instead ? Or do I have to apply for brand registry again if its a new product? Thanks

There are no more posts to display
Go to original post